The Haymarket Boston is an outdoor market that features the best of seasonal products at impressive prices. Beyond the typical fruit and veggie selection, you can find everything you need to make an amazing meal, from fish and cheese to spices. Shop here to furnish a picnic or stop by for unbeatable people-watching. Locals are known to frequent the Haymarket, so it's a great place to get a feel for Boston.
This free outdoor market is close to many colonial sights, so it's easy to combine a visit with self-guided Freedom Trail sightseeing, or a walking tour. Faneuil Hall, Copp's Hill Burying Ground, and Old North Church are all nearby. The market is also on the border of the North End, Boston's Little Italy, so this is the place to sample old school Italian cuisine on a food tour.
Things to know before you go
- Though it's tempting, touching the merchandise is frowned upon: ask the vendor, and they're happy to fill your order.
- Bring change, and pay in cash—vendors don't like breaking US$20 bills.
- Vendors may pack up early if the weather turns.
- The market is not stroller friendly.
How to get there
You can find the Haymarket on Blackstone Street between Hanover and North Streets. While you can drive there easily enough, public transit is typically more convenient. You can take the orange and green MBTA lines to Haymarket, and head south on Congress Street to Hanover.
When to get there
Haymarket is open Friday and Saturday. It opens early, closes around dinnertime, and the market is always buzzing. If you arrive early (before 8am) or late (around 6pm) you can expect fewer crowds. If you arrive later on Saturday the deals are plentiful. You can get armloads of fresh goodies for practically nothing.
Visiting the Faneuil Hall Marketplace
A Boston mainstay since the mid-1970s, Faneuil Hall Marketplace is a top destination to eat, drink, and find souvenirs while hanging out in Downtown Boston. The market has a bit of everything, from souvenir shopping to unbeatable dining and local artisans selling handmade wares from pushcarts. Events and performances happen frequently—particularly in the summer—and walking tours often depart from this central location.
- Aktivitäten in Massachusetts
- Aktivitäten in Salem
- Aktivitäten in Long Island
- Aktivitäten in Brooklyn
- Aktivitäten in New York City
- Aktivitäten in Montreal
- Aktivitäten in Philadelphia
- Aktivitäten in Washington DC
- Aktivitäten in Buffalo
- Aktivitäten in Niagara Falls
- Aktivitäten in Niagarafälle und Umgebung
- Aktivitäten in Toronto
- Aktivitäten in Williamsburg
- Aktivitäten in New York
- Aktivitäten in Québec