Die Touren werden in der Regel wochentags von 10:00 bis 15:00 Uhr angeboten und sind kostenlos.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The capitol building is a must-visit for history and architecture buffs.
- Individual walk-ins are welcome on historic tours but groups must book in advance.
- Reservations are required for student legislative tours (offered late August through early May.)
- There is a cafeteria in the building’s basement and souvenirs can be purchased on the first floor.
How to Get There
The Colorado State Capitol sits at the east end of Civic Center Park on the edge of downtown Denver. If you are coming from outside the city you can reach the building by car, bus, or light rail. The nearest light rail station is the Civic Center Station, located one block from the capitol. The building is also within walking or biking distance of much of downtown Denver.
When to Get There
The capitol building is open to the public year round from 7:30am–5pm Monday through Friday and closed on the weekends and most government holidays. To join a free historic tour, visit from 10am–3pm, Monday through Friday. Tours begin every hour.
Mr. Brown’s Attic at the Colorado State Capitol
Tucked between the third floor and the dome, Mr. Brown’s Attic is a museum dedicated to Colorado history, the legislative process, and the story of the capitol’s construction. Interactive exhibits entertain and educate kids in a children specific area. The museum is dedicated to Henry C. Brown who donated the land where the capitol building sits. Tours to the attic also include access to the dome’s observation area via a 99-step climb.
- Aktivitäten in Colorado
- Aktivitäten in Fort Collins
- Aktivitäten in Breckenridge
- Aktivitäten in Colorado Springs
- Aktivitäten in Vail
- Aktivitäten in Aspen
- Aktivitäten in Albuquerque
- Aktivitäten in Sedona & Flagstaff
- Aktivitäten in Phoenix
- Aktivitäten in Las Vegas
- Aktivitäten in Utah
- Aktivitäten in New Mexico
- Aktivitäten in Monument Valley
- Aktivitäten in Arizona
- Aktivitäten in Missouri
- Denver Civic Center Park
- Molly Brown House Museum
- Denver Art Museum (DAM)
- Denver Mint
- Hard Rock Cafe Denver
- Denver Firefighters Museum
- Denver 16th Street Mall
- Denver Center für darstellende Künste
- Larimer Platz
- Untere Innenstadt von Denver (LoDo)
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Elitch Gardens Thema und Wasserpark
- Denver City Park
- Aquarium in der Innenstadt
- Kindermuseum von Denver auf dem Marsico Campus