Pájara ist nicht weit von anderen idealen Tagesausflugszielen auf Fuerteventura entfernt, darunter Anitigua und Betancuria.
Things to know before you go
- Pájara is a must-visit for travelers who want to see the authentic volcanic landscape of Fuerteventura—it’s the gateway to Betancuria National Park, too.
- Don’t forget to pack sunscreen and a scarf, especially if you’re heading out on a dune buggy ride—you’ll need dust as well as sun protection in the desert.
- Bring cash, as some cafés and bars prefer it and there are fewer places to withdraw it here.
- There are restrooms available to the public located inside the Ermita de Nuestra Señora de la Regla church.
How to get there
Getting to Pájara is surprisingly simple, given its isolated location. Driving here by rental car is how most travelers get here; however, taxis and airport transfers are happy to drive to the center of town. There are many tours offering day trips in Pájara too, from adventurous dune buggy tours to comfortable group excursions.
When to get there
It’s best to visit Pájara during the cooler hours of the morning or late afternoon, especially during the summer. Grab a coffee and enjoy the morning, or make the most of the evening with a glass of wine and authentic local tapas. At night, the skies are filled with stars thanks to the lack of light pollution in the outskirts of the Betancuria National Park—however, there are few places open late.
The best food in Pájara
There’s a great selection of local cafés and bistros in Pájara. From freshly brewed coffee and handmade pastries at Ca’ Luisa to the authentic Canarian cheese and homemade dishes of La Fonda, you don’t have to travel out of town for a bite to eat. If you do want to travel, however, take a trip to nearby Ajuy—en route for many tours—and dine on fresh local seafood at the top-rated Cafe Del Mar Ajuy.
- Aktivitäten in Kanarische Inseln
- Aktivitäten in Puerto del Rosario
- Aktivitäten in Arrecife
- Aktivitäten in Lanzarote
- Aktivitäten in Gran Canaria
- Aktivitäten in Teneriffa
- Aktivitäten in La Palma
- Aktivitäten in Agadir
- Aktivitäten in Essaouira
- Aktivitäten in Funchal
- Aktivitäten in Calheta
- Aktivitäten in Marrakesch
- Aktivitäten in Casablanca
- Aktivitäten in Madeira
- Aktivitäten in Zentral Marokko