Most visitors stay at one of Playa de Ingles many beachside resorts or visit for the day from Las Palmas. The beach stretches from the towering resorts of Playa del Ingles in the northern end to the Maspalomas Dunes Nature Reserve in the south. Near the resorts, you’ll find family-friendly services like umbrella rentals, restrooms, showers, and snack carts. As you head south towers the lighthouse, the beach can get a bit wilder with nudist areas, beach bars, and surf spots.
Things to know before you go
- Playa de Ingles is Gran Canaria’s largest and most popular beach.
- Nudity is legal on all Gran Canaria beaches, but usually contained to specific nudist areas.
- The Paseo Costa Canaria promenade is wheelchair-accessible and offers fantastic panoramas of the beach.
How to get there
Playa del Ingles is located on Gran Canaria’s southern coast, about a 45-minute drive from Las Palmas. By car, follow the GC-1 southeast along the coast and follow the signs to Playa del Ingles. Pay parking is available near the beach. Bus service to the beach is also available from Las Palmas and Maspalomas.
When to get there
The Canary Islands enjoy mild, year-round temperatures making it a perfect year-round destination. Summer and winter are the busiest tourist seasons on the Canary Islands, so visit between March and May or September to November to avoid the large tourist crowds and save money on accommodations and tours.
The Maspalomas Dunes Nature Reserve
The massive Masplamoas sand dunes begin in the southern end of Playa del Ingles. The area is a protected nature reserve and can only be explored on foot or by camel ride safari. To learn more about the dunes, visit the information center and viewpoint at the Hotel Riu Palace in northeast Maspalomas.
- Aktivitäten in Kanarische Inseln
- Aktivitäten in Teneriffa
- Aktivitäten in Fuerteventura
- Aktivitäten in Puerto del Rosario
- Aktivitäten in Arrecife
- Aktivitäten in Lanzarote
- Aktivitäten in La Palma
- Aktivitäten in Funchal
- Aktivitäten in Calheta
- Aktivitäten in Agadir
- Aktivitäten in Essaouira
- Aktivitäten in Marrakesch
- Aktivitäten in Casablanca
- Aktivitäten in Madeira
- Aktivitäten in Zentral Marokko
- Mundo Aborigen
- Aqualand Maspalomas
- Sioux City Park
- Cocodrilo Park Zoo
- Roque Nublo
- Bandama Caldera (Caldera de Bandama)
- Jardín Botánico Canario Viera und Clavijo
- Museo Canario (Kanarisches Museum)
- Catedral de Santa Ana
- Columbus-Haus (Casa de Colón)
- Teatro Pérez Galdós
- Hausmuseum Pérez-Galdós (Casa-Museo Pérez Galdós)
- Calle Triana
- Pueblo Canario