Some London sightseeing passes include entry to the museum, or you can purchase tickets at the door. The museum showcases pieces from its permanent collections as well as rotating exhibitions, and there are workshops and special events such as life drawing classes and evening talks. Visits are self-guided, with exhibits covering everything from British political satirists to the longstanding Dandy and Beano comic magazines. There's also a shop selling books, gifts, stationery, and other merchandise.
Things to know before you go
- The Cartoon Museum is wheelchair-accessible.
- Profits from sales at the on-site shop benefit the museum, which is a registered charity.
- Children will likely enjoy the comic book exhibits, though some of the displays—such as the political cartoons—are geared toward older cartoon enthusiasts.
How to get there
The Cartoon Museum is situated in Fitzrovia in Central London. If you’re coming by public transit, ride the Tube to Oxford Circus (Bakerloo, Central, or Victoria lines), Tottenham Court Road (Central or Northern lines), or Goodge Street (Northern line).
When to get there
The museum is closed on Mondays and has limited opening hours on Sundays. Weekends are usually busy. Go midweek for a quieter experience.
London for cartoon enthusiasts
You'll find a range of attractions in London celebrating cartooning. The Quentin Blake Centre for Illustration in Camden showcases exhibits on everything from children’s book illustrators—including Quentin Blake—to graphic novelists and designers. In Hounslow, there's the country home of William Hogarth, now a museum celebrating the distinguished cartoonist's life and work. In Kensington, explore 18 Stafford Terrace, a townhouse museum where Punch magazine illustrator Linley Sambourne lived with his family from 1875 to 1910.
- Aktivitäten in Horley
- Aktivitäten in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Aktivitäten in Oxford
- Aktivitäten in Southampton
- Aktivitäten in Birmingham
- Aktivitäten in Bristol
- Aktivitäten in Cardiff
- Aktivitäten in Brügge
- Aktivitäten in Lille
- Aktivitäten in Manchester
- Aktivitäten in Liverpool
- Aktivitäten in Südostengland
- Aktivitäten in East of England
- Aktivitäten in Nord-Pas-de-Calais