Considered one of the country’s most important rock ‘n’ roll landmarks, Whisky a Go Go has been a City of Angels legend for close to 60 years, from the beginnings of the go-go era to the heights of hair metal and beyond. Known for its French boudoir aesthetic and small capacity—the venue fits just 500 listeners—Whisky a Go Go has nevertheless hosted a huge array of musical legends, from Mötley Crüe and Van Halen to Cream and Oasis, in its time. The venue is still active today, and its busy events calendar includes concerts most evenings.
Whisky a Go Go features on a wide range of tour itineraries, from bike tours and West Hollywood neighborhood excursions to Sunset Strip crawls. It’s also simple to plan an independent visit to enjoy a night of live music on site.
Things to know before you go
- Whisky a Go Go is an all-ages venue, though select events are 18+ or 21+.
- To simplify your visiting experience, book in advance online, over the phone, or at the box office (note that the box office only accepts cash).
- Limited seating is available on the venue’s second floor, and it also hosts five VIP booths on the ground floor.
How to get there
Whisky a Go Go sits on the corner of West Sunset Boulevard and San Vicente. To reach it using public transportation, take local bus services, including the 2, 30, 105, 302, and 330. If you plan to drive, there is also a valet parking lot directly beyond the venue; rideshare services offer another accessible way to visit.
When to get there
Whisky a Go Go hosts events most evenings, and opening times vary depending on the sets—be sure to research specifics in advance if you plan to attend a concert. The box office is open on weekdays during the day.
Other Highlights of the Sunset Strip
One of Los Angeles’ truly iconic thoroughfares, the Sunset Strip stretches 1.7 miles (2.7 kilometers) from Doheny Drive to North Crescent Heights Boulevard in West Hollywood. The road is known as a nightlife destination; in addition to Whisky a Go Go, other attractions include concert venues like the Viper Room and comedy clubs like the Comedy Store and the Laugh Factory. As a bonus, the area, which sits on the edge of the Hollywood Hills, offers panoramic views over Los Angeles—before the sun sets, head to one of the luxury hotels on the Strip, and venture to their sky bars to take in the impressive vistas.
- Aktivitäten in Kalifornien
- Aktivitäten in Santa Monica
- Aktivitäten in Long Beach
- Aktivitäten in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Aktivitäten in Santa Barbara
- Aktivitäten in La Jolla
- Aktivitäten in Palm Springs
- Aktivitäten in San Diego
- Aktivitäten in Pismo Beach
- Aktivitäten in San Luis Obispo
- Aktivitäten in Paso Robles
- Aktivitäten in Las Vegas
- Aktivitäten in Sausalito
- Aktivitäten in Nevada
- Aktivitäten in Arizona