Fisher Island is prime real estate with some of the highest per capita incomes found anywhere in the United States. The island is surrounded by warm, turquoise waters and lined with white sand beaches. This luxurious and tropical private island can be seen during several Miami tours including helicopter tours, seaplane tours, and boat tours, but typically can only be visited by invitation.
Things to know before you go
- Fisher Island is ideal for travelers seeking quiet luxury.
- One of the exclusive hotels on the island is a former Vanderbilt retreat.
- There are no bridges to Fisher Island; all arrivals are by boat.
- Fisher Island is private and an invitation from a resident or a hotel reservation is required to visit.
How to get there
Fisher Island is located off the southern tip of Miami in Biscayne Bay. It can’t be reached by car or bridge; visitors must take the ferry (or a private boat). The ferry runs 24 hours a day and departs every 30 minutes from Terminal Island Road just off Miami Beach’s MacArthur Causeway.
When to get there
The most popular time to visit Fisher Island (and Miami in general) is during the winter months when temperatures are warm and people from snow-covered places travel south seeking sun and surf. The late summer and early fall are prime season for hurricanes; people planning a trip during this time often do so at the last minute. The summer months can be hot and humid.
Bird’s Eye View of Miami
One of the best ways to get the lay of the land in Miami is with a bird’s eye view. Book a tour in a helicopter or a seaplane to experience a new perspective on South Beach and Fisher Island. The flight also includes views of the downtown Miami skyline, Coconut Grove, and Coral Gables.
- Aktivitäten in Florida
- Aktivitäten in Fort Lauderdale
- Aktivitäten in Boca Raton
- Aktivitäten in Everglades-Nationalpark
- Aktivitäten in West Palm Beach
- Aktivitäten in Neapel
- Aktivitäten in Freeport
- Aktivitäten in Fort Myers
- Aktivitäten in Key West
- Aktivitäten in Cocoa Beach
- Aktivitäten in Sarasota
- Aktivitäten in Cape Canaveral
- Aktivitäten in Nassau
- Aktivitäten in Grand Bahama
- Aktivitäten in New Providence
- South Pointe Park
- South Beach
- Miami Beach
- Mangos tropisches Café
- Art Deco Historisches Viertel
- Miami Washington Avenue
- Miami Cruise Port (Port Miami)
- World Erotic Art Museum (WEAM)
- Neues Weltzentrum
- Holocaust-Mahnmal Miami Beach
- Botanischer Garten von Miami Beach
- Rickenbacker Trail
- Bass Museum of Art
- Miami Kindermuseum