Founded in 1969, ZD Wines was created by two aerospace engineers with a great passion for wine. Three generations later, the deLeuze family is still producing quality wines operating solely on solar power, as well as implementing waste reduction and water recycling systems into their business practice.
You can schedule a tour or tasting—though walk-ins are welcome—to learn more about the history of the winery. For those interested in the winery’s eco-friendly operations consider the Vineyard View Tasting which highlights the winery’s organic farming practices while sipping on its latest vintage.
Things to know before you go
- You must be 21 years or older to participate in a tasting.
- Tours and special tastings are by appointment.
- Walk-ins are welcome.
- ZD Wines is open daily.
- Reservations are required for groups of six or more.
How to get there
Driving by car is the easiest way to access the winery located just off of CA-24 north before connecting with Silverado Trail. If everyone in your group is enjoying a tasting, consider booking a tour that offers group transportation.
When to get there
California wine country is great to visit year round, but for the best weather plan your trip for spring, late summer, or early fall. The winery is open daily from 10am to 4pm.
Other Things to Do
The Silverado Trail is packed with other tasting rooms along its scenic route. If you enjoy bubbles consider popping over to ZD’s neighbor Mumm Napa for some sparkling wine. Another nearby place of interest is Yountville, a small town packed with restaurants (including The French Laundry and Bouchon Bistro), galleries, museums, and tasting rooms.
- Aktivitäten in Kalifornien
- Aktivitäten in Sausalito
- Aktivitäten in San Francisco
- Aktivitäten in Yosemite-Nationalpark
- Aktivitäten in Paso Robles
- Aktivitäten in San Luis Obispo
- Aktivitäten in Pismo Beach
- Aktivitäten in Santa Barbara
- Aktivitäten in Santa Monica
- Aktivitäten in Los Angeles
- Aktivitäten in Long Beach
- Aktivitäten in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Aktivitäten in La Jolla
- Aktivitäten in Nevada
- Aktivitäten in Oregon