The certified-organic ranch features a gift shop, a screening room with an educational movie on the history of dates in California, and a café where you can try 16 varieties of dates or purchase items that incorporate dates such as cookies and bread. The date shakes are the highlight and are made with vanilla ice cream and a choice of fruits and additional flavors that you can add on.
A few tours from Palm Springs stop at Oasis Date Gardens; book a bike tour for the chance to explore the desert environment and then enjoy a break at the ranch.
Things to know before you go
- Oasis Date Gardens is ideal for those looking for an attraction unique to this part of the country.
- Free date samples are offered to all visitors.
- The café serves sandwiches and salads in addition to baked goods.
How to get there
Oasis Date Gardens is located in the town of Thermal, California, about 45 minutes southeast of Palm Springs via Interstate 10 and State Route 86. There is parking available on site.
When to get there
The ranch is typically open daily from morning until late evening. Harvest takes place between October and December.
Stock up on Dates
The staff at Oasis Date Gardens can tout the healthy benefits of the raw fruit—and with a shelf life of three months at room temperature, one year in the fridge, and 1.5 years in the freezer—your dates can be enjoyed long after your trip.
- Aktivitäten in Kalifornien
- Aktivitäten in La Jolla
- Aktivitäten in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Aktivitäten in San Diego
- Aktivitäten in Long Beach
- Aktivitäten in Los Angeles
- Aktivitäten in Santa Monica
- Aktivitäten in Las Vegas
- Aktivitäten in Santa Barbara
- Aktivitäten in Pismo Beach
- Aktivitäten in Scottsdale
- Aktivitäten in San Luis Obispo
- Aktivitäten in Paso Robles
- Aktivitäten in Arizona
- Aktivitäten in Nevada