Kapelle Unserer Lieben Frau von der Wundermedaille
Tucked away behind the sprawling Le Bon Marché department store, the Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal may not be the largest church in Paris, but for Catholic worshippers, it is one of the most important. According to the story, St. Catherine Labouré experienced several apparitions of the Virgin Mary within its walls, including one which guided her in the creation of the Miraculous Medal—a devotional medal said to have connections with miracles. Today, the church—which underwent a significant renovation in 1930—is visited by numerous pilgrims from around the world.
The Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal is easy to visit, given its central Paris location, and can be combined with other nearby sightseeing stops.
Things to know before you go
- The church is free for all to visit.
- The Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal hosts a shop where it is possible to purchase miraculous medals, as well as other themed items.
- The church’s free smartphone application, Médaille Miraculeuse, includes additional information about the Miraculous Medal and the church.
How to get there
The Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal is conveniently located on Rue du Bac in the 7th arrondissement. To reach it, take Métro lines #10 or #12 to Sèvres – Babylone station, or use bus lines #39, #63, #68, #70, #83, #84, #87, or #94. The landmark can also be reached on foot, by car, or by Vélib bike.
When to get there
The opening hours of the Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal vary throughout the week, but it’s typically open from early morning until early evenings—sometimes with a closure in the middle of the day, around lunchtime. Masses and other ceremonies are held daily. Hours can also vary during religious and bank holidays, and it is typically closed for three weeks in January.
Other Highlight Churches
Convenient for those looking to visit multiple religious locations, the Chapel of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal is within quick commuting distance of several other notable Paris churches, including Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Saint-Sulpice, and Sainte-Chapelle.
- Aktivitäten in Ile-de-France
- Aktivitäten in Marne-la-Vallee
- Aktivitäten in Blois
- Aktivitäten in Deauville City
- Aktivitäten in Lille
- Aktivitäten in Dijon
- Aktivitäten in Brüssel
- Aktivitäten in Brügge
- Aktivitäten in Zaventem
- Aktivitäten in Luxemburg
- Aktivitäten in Horley
- Aktivitäten in Nantes
- Aktivitäten in London
- Aktivitäten in Normandie
- Aktivitäten in Nord-Pas-de-Calais
- Pierre Hermé Pâtisserie
- Rodin Museum (Musée Rodin)
- Musée des Plans-Reliefs
- Café de Flore
- 6. Arrondissement
- Musée du Luxembourg
- Saint Germain des Prés
- César Palace Cabaret
- 7. Arrondissement
- Musée National Eugène Delacroix (Musee Delacroix)
- Montparnasse-Turm (Tour Montparnasse)
- Palais du Luxembourg
- Les Invalides
- Kuppelkirche in Les Invalides (Kuppel des Invalides)