The Dunes Studio Gallery and Café displays a wide range of artworks and handcrafted items, some made by locals and others amassed by the gallery owners during their travels around Southeast Asia. The Dunes also features an on-side pottery studio, where you can catch daily demonstrations from potters at work.
Because of its convenient setting on the dune-dotted coast of northern central Prince Edward Island, Dunes Studio Gallery is a common stop-off on sightseeing tours. Tours typically follow routes along Green Gables Shore—the north half of the Central Coastal Drive—and combine visits to the gallery with trips to scenic viewpoints and attractions such as the dune-backed Brackley Beach and Dalvay-By-The-Sea in Prince Edward Island National Park.
Things to know before you go
- The gallery is a must for travelers looking to purchase high-quality gifts and one-off items made on the island.
- Lunch at the café is walk-in only, though dinner spots can be reserved in advance by phone.
- A kids’ menu is available at the café.
How to get there
The Dunes Studio Gallery is located in New Glasgow on the north-central shore of Prince Edward Island. Driving from Charlottetown takes about 20–25 minutes. Public transit is limited so if you don’t have access to a car, it’s best to go as part of a guided tour.
When to get there
The gallery is open seasonally from May to August. The café is open from June through mid-October. The cafe tends to be busy around lunch time and reservations are not available; be prepared to wait or to eat early or late.
Arts and Crafts on Prince Edward Island
If you’re keen to discover more local artwork and crafts, you’ll find plenty of galleries, shops, and cultural centers within easy reach. In the west of the island, the Eptek Art and Cultural Centre spotlights local artists through rotating exhibits, while Village Pottery in New London—on the north shore—sells unique pieces made by local potters.
- Aktivitäten in Ile-de-France
- Aktivitäten in Marne-la-Vallee
- Aktivitäten in Blois
- Aktivitäten in Deauville City
- Aktivitäten in Lille
- Aktivitäten in Dijon
- Aktivitäten in Brüssel
- Aktivitäten in Brügge
- Aktivitäten in Zaventem
- Aktivitäten in Luxemburg
- Aktivitäten in Horley
- Aktivitäten in Nantes
- Aktivitäten in London
- Aktivitäten in Normandie
- Aktivitäten in Nord-Pas-de-Calais
- 3. Arrondissement
- Picasso Museum (Musée National Picasso Paris)
- Museum für jüdische Kunst und Geschichte (Musée d'Art et d'Histoire du Judaïsme)
- Place de la République
- Le Marais
- Musée des Arts et Métiers
- Carnavalet Museum (Musée Carnavalet)
- Centre Pompidou
- Place des Vosges
- Kanal Saint-Martin
- Maison de Victor Hugo
- Mémorial de la Shoah (Shoah-Denkmal)
- Hotel de Ville
- Museum der Magie (Musée de la Magie)
- 4. Arrondissement