The highlight of the park is the LOVE sculpture at the center, an iconic spot for photos, and biweekly weddings. The fountain is also popular, and features jets with programmable lighting for a stunning visual display. During the week, find a rotating lineup of food trucks at the park during lunchtime. A variety of events are also held here throughout the year, from free classes, to cultural celebrations, to music festivals. The park is also a great place to people watch.
A number of Philadelphia sightseeing tours, including walking tours, running tours, and trolley tours include a stop at LOVE Park, along with other highlights such as the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Opt for a hop-on hop-off bus tour to explore the city at your leisure. Or book a private tour to fully customize your itinerary.
Things to know before you go
- There’s a public information center, and public restrooms, inside the park.
- Tables and chairs are available next to the food trucks at lunchtime.
- Skateboarding is not permitted at the park.
How to get there
LOVE Park is located close to Philadelphia City Hall. The closest metro stations are City Hall and 15th Street. A number of buses also stop nearby, including nos. 2, 4, 16, 17, 33, 42, 62, and 402.
When to get there
The park is open daily and draws large crowds on a regular basis. Lunchtime during the week, with its food trucks, is a popular time to visit. Visit every other Wednesday to see a wedding beneath the LOVE sculpture. The park also hosts numerous events, including the popular Christmas Village during the holiday season.
The Park’s Connection with Skateboarding History
In the 1980s, as skateboarding increased in popularity, LOVE Park, which then had multiple levels, ledges, and stairs, became a popular place to skate, drawing big names in the skating world and skaters from all over. The city banned skateboarding several times in the 1990s and 2000, and a 2016 major renovation removed much of what made the park a great place to skate. Today, skaters should head to Paine Park, near the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Aktivitäten in Pennsylvania
- Aktivitäten in New York City
- Aktivitäten in Brooklyn
- Aktivitäten in Long Island
- Aktivitäten in Washington DC
- Aktivitäten in Williamsburg
- Aktivitäten in Pittsburg
- Aktivitäten in Boston
- Aktivitäten in Buffalo
- Aktivitäten in Salem
- Aktivitäten in Niagarafälle und Umgebung
- Aktivitäten in Toronto
- Aktivitäten in Montreal
- Aktivitäten in New York
- Aktivitäten in Virginia
- Pennsylvania Akademie der Schönen Künste (PAFA)
- Ein Liberty Observation Deck
- Philadelphia Logan Circle
- Philadelphia Avenue der Künste
- Reading Terminal Market
- Hard Rock Cafe Philadelphia
- Kathedrale Basilika der Heiligen Peter und Paul
- Philadelphia Academy of Music
- Rittenhouse Square
- Rathaus von Philadelphia
- Penn's Landing
- Philadelphia Chinatown
- Benjamin Franklin National Memorial
- Das Franklin Institute Science Museum
- Afroamerikanisches Museum in Philadelphia