Sightseeing tours of Santa Cruz often include a stop outside the Tenerife Auditorium, while guided tours of the venue let you admire the work of architect Santiago Calatrava up close. To experience the auditorium in its full glory, attend one of its many performances. There’s a show almost every night of the week; popular events include performances by the resident Tenerife Symphony Orchestra, Quantum Ensemble, and Tenerife Danza, a contemporary dance company.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Tenerife Auditorium is a popular venue for families. Children over 5 years of age are welcome at all performances, and many events are aimed at families with younger children.
- There is a bar and bistro at the venue, where you can enjoy lunch, snacks, and pre-show drinks.
- Guided tours are held several times per day from Monday–Saturday; advance booking is recommended.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Tenerife Auditorium is located on the Santa Cruz harbor waterfront, opposite Castillo de San Juan Bautista. It takes approximately 10 to 15 minutes on foot from downtown Santa Cruz to the auditorium, or you can ride Tram Line 1 to Intercambiador—a 5-minute walk from the auditorium. On-site, paid parking is available for those arriving with their own transport.
When to Get There
Most evening performances start at 7:30pm, but the doors open an hour before the show. Visit in the daytime to tour the building or to eat lunch at the seafront bistro. If you can, enjoy an atmospheric stroll to see the auditorium illuminated at night.
Festivals at Tenerife Auditorium
Tenerife Auditorium hosts a number of seasonal events and festivals throughout the year. Popular choices include the Tenerife Opera Festival and the Canary Islands Music Festival, which is held between mid-January and March each year. Look out for special performances during Tenerife’s Carnival each spring, as well as musicals and Christmas carol concerts during the holiday season.
- Aktivitäten in Kanarische Inseln
- Aktivitäten in Gran Canaria
- Aktivitäten in La Palma
- Aktivitäten in Fuerteventura
- Aktivitäten in Puerto del Rosario
- Aktivitäten in Lanzarote
- Aktivitäten in Arrecife
- Aktivitäten in Funchal
- Aktivitäten in Calheta
- Aktivitäten in Agadir
- Aktivitäten in Essaouira
- Aktivitäten in Marrakesch
- Aktivitäten in Madeira
- Aktivitäten in Atlantikküste
- Aktivitäten in Zentral Marokko
- Museum für Natur und Archäologie (MUNA)
- Teneriffa Kirche der Unbefleckten Empfängnis
- Hafen von Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Puerto de Santa Cruz de Teneriffa)
- Museum für Wissenschaft und Kosmos (Museo de las Ciencias y el Cosmos)
- La Laguna
- Anaga-Gebirge (Macizo de Anaga)
- La Caldera
- Weingut Monje (Bodegas Monje)
- Pyramiden des ethnografischen Parks und des Botanischen Gartens von Güímar (Pirámides de Güímar)
- La Orotava Tal
- Loro Park (Loro Parque)
- Teide-Nationalpark (Parque Nacional del Teide)
- Mt. Teide (El Teide)
- Teide-Seilbahn (Teleférico del Teide)