Tankah Park conveniently neighbors Tulum’s famous Mayan ruins, and both often feature on day tours along the Riviera Maya from Cancun. You’ll need a good few hours for park exploration, depending on your chosen itinerary, with tour options available for adrenaline junkies and culture vultures alike. Some guided tours combine exploration of the park’s underground cenote system with swimming and snorkeling in the Caribbean Sea.
Things to know before you go
- Some park tours include a visit to the Mayan village Tankah, plus a traditional lunch.
- Environmentally friendly mosquito spray, sunscreen, and sturdy shoes are a must in the jungle park.
- Guests must bring their own towels and swimsuits.
- Water shoes are useful for cenote exploration.
- It’s worth packing a few snacks as activities can be tiring.
How to get there
Located around 6 miles (10 kilometers) from central Tulum, just off Highway 307, Tankah Park is easy to get to by road from any Riviera Maya town. Several tours include round-trip transportation; otherwise, you can catch a bus directly to Tulum, then hail a local taxi.
When to get there
Thunderstorms and rain are likely to put a dampener on any outdoor adventure, so aim to visit between December and March when the weather is more suited to cenote swimming and jungle trekking.
Just a bit further down the highway from Tankah Park, the iconic walled city of Tulum, also known as Tulum Ruins, draws visitors with its ancient history, coastal views, and neighboring white-sand beaches. Visitors stopping over in Tulum can easily spend at least half a day here, while those traveling in from further afield can take advantage of multi-attraction tours or passes to check off both attractions in one day.
- Aktivitäten in Riviera Maya & Yucatán
- Aktivitäten in Playa del Carmen
- Aktivitäten in Cozumel
- Aktivitäten in Cancun
- Aktivitäten in Costa Maya
- Aktivitäten in Mérida
- Aktivitäten in Ambergris Caye
- Aktivitäten in Hopkins
- Aktivitäten in San Pedro Sula
- Aktivitäten in Grand Cayman
- Aktivitäten in Panajachel
- Aktivitäten in San Pedro La Laguna
- Aktivitäten in Puerto Quetzal
- Aktivitäten in The Cayes
- Aktivitäten in Zentrales Hochland von Guatemala