A parking area is located right at the end of the tunnel so you can pull off the road and enjoy the view. At Tunnel View, you’ll find educational exhibits, several viewpoints, and the trailhead for the Pohono Trail and the hike to Inspiration Point.
Most Yosemite Valley tours stop at Tunnel View so you can grab that quintessential photo. Day trips to Yosemite Valley are offered from San Francisco, Los Angeles, Lake Tahoe, and San Jose and include many of the park highlights such as Yosemite Falls, El Capitan, and the Tuolumne Grove of giant sequoias.
Things to know before you go
- The vista of Yosemite Valley from the Tunnel View viewpoint is a must-see for first-time visitors.
- Hike up from the viewpoint to escape the crowds and get an unimpeded view of the valley.
- Tunnel View offers a wheelchair-accessible viewing area.
How to get there
The Tunnel View scenic viewpoint is located at the end of the Wawona Tunnel. If you’re driving into Yosemite Valley from the south you can’t miss it. From Yosemite Valley, head south on Highway 41 toward Wawona and pull into the parking area just before the tunnel. The Yosemite Park Shuttle no longer runs to Wawona so you can only visit Tunnel View by car, on a guided tour, or via YARTS public bus during the summer months.
When to get there
Certain Yosemite National Park roads are closed during the winter months, but Highway 41 is open year-round making the Tunnel View viewpoint accessible in any season. Tunnel View is best in spring when Bridalveil Fall is at peak flow and the valley is shrouded in mist. Tunnel View is also one of the best places in Yosemite to catch the sunset. The view is best in the afternoon or evening, when the sun is at your back.
Tunnel View Hikes
Several hikes begin from the Tunnel View parking area. If you want to photograph Tunnel View without the crowds, take the 2.5-mile (4-kilometer) round-trip hike to Inspiration Point. To see all of Yosemite Valley’s iconic landmarks in one hike, traverse the entire south rim of Yosemite Valley via the 13-mile (21-kilometer) Pohono Trail from Tunnel View to Glacier Point.
- Aktivitäten in Kalifornien
- Aktivitäten in Napa & Sonoma
- Aktivitäten in San Francisco
- Aktivitäten in Sausalito
- Aktivitäten in Paso Robles
- Aktivitäten in San Luis Obispo
- Aktivitäten in Pismo Beach
- Aktivitäten in Santa Barbara
- Aktivitäten in Las Vegas
- Aktivitäten in Santa Monica
- Aktivitäten in Los Angeles
- Aktivitäten in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Aktivitäten in La Jolla
- Aktivitäten in Nevada
- Aktivitäten in Arizona