Opportunities for outdoor fun are plentiful in Tuolumne Meadows, whether it be trekking through the high alpine scenery, climbing steep granite faces, or just enjoying the scenic views from Olmsted Point. Spend a few days in the wilderness with a guided backpack trip or sharpen your photography skills with a photography lesson in Tuolumne Meadows. Don’t miss the stand of giant sequoias in the Tuolumne Grove on the trail from Craner Flat.
Things to know before you go
- Tuolumne Meadows is a must-see for adventure travelers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- The Tuolumne Meadows Visitor Center offers park information, hiking maps, and exhibits on the area’s geology and plant and animal life.
- A lovely picnic spot is found at Tenaya Lake and camping is available at the Tuolumne Meadows Campground.
- Tuolumne Meadows is not accessible to wheelchairs, but scenic views of the meadow can be enjoyed from the car along Tioga Road.
How to get there
Tuolumne Meadows is most easily accessed by car via Highway 120 (the Tioga Road) from Groveland, Lee Vining, or Yosemite Valley. The Tioga Road is only open during the summer months and opening dates vary by weather conditions. The park offers bus service between Tuolumne Meadows and Yosemite Valley in the summer and a shuttle service is available in the Tuolumne Meadows area.
When to get there
The Tioga Road, which provides access to Tuolumne Meadows, is only open from approximately late May through October/November, depending on snowpack and weather conditions. Tuolumne Meadows can also be accessed via cross-country or backcountry skiing during the winter. Start at the Snow Creek trailhead in Yosemite Valley or Highway 120 east of Lee Vining.
Best Hikes in Tuolumne Meadows
The Tuolumne Meadows area is packed with trailheads that can take you deep into Yosemite’s backcountry or simply on a casual jaunt to a scenic viewpoint or alpine lake. The short hike to Soda Springs and the trek to Dog Lake are great family-friendly options. Hike to the top of Lembert Dome for fantastic panoramas of Tuolumne, which is also a great option for sunrise or sunset. For a bit more challenge, opt for the hike to Cathedral Lakes or Cloud’s Rest.
- Aktivitäten in Kalifornien
- Aktivitäten in Napa & Sonoma
- Aktivitäten in San Francisco
- Aktivitäten in Sausalito
- Aktivitäten in Paso Robles
- Aktivitäten in San Luis Obispo
- Aktivitäten in Pismo Beach
- Aktivitäten in Santa Barbara
- Aktivitäten in Las Vegas
- Aktivitäten in Santa Monica
- Aktivitäten in Los Angeles
- Aktivitäten in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Aktivitäten in La Jolla
- Aktivitäten in Nevada
- Aktivitäten in Arizona